EDSea is a fully accessible event and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. Whether you have traveled around the world and back or this is your first adventure away from your hometown, we understand that EDSea is unique and that you may have some questions! For any accessibility-related questions please contact us or check out Norwegian's Guest Access Desk resources that are available to you.
At time of booking, please discuss your needs with the Sixthman Guest Services team. Your information and requirements will be sent to Norwegian Cruise Line’s Access Desk approximately 60 days prior to sailing. If your needs require more advanced notice, the Sixthman team will notify Norwegian accordingly. Approximately 4-6 weeks prior to sailing you will receive your Norwegian reservation number and additional information regarding how you may contact the Access Desk directly for any additional questions you may have before embarkation.
For more information about accommodations available for guests traveling with special needs, check out our FAQ.
Norwegian Joy has accessible staterooms in Interior, Oceanview, Balcony, Club Balcony Suite, and Penthouse categories. An accessible stateroom is required to accommodate motorized scooters and non-collapsible wheelchairs. Please contact us directly to reserve a wheelchair accessible stateroom as these rooms are not available to book online.
Accessible staterooms include a bathroom with roll in doorway and roll in shower. The shower will have a removable shower seat. Each accessible bathroom comes equipped with grab bars around the toilet and an adjustable angled mirror above the sink.
Should you choose a stateroom that has not been designated as accessible, you will need to bring a collapsible wheelchair, or if you have a motorized wheelchair or scooter, the width must not exceed 26 inches to enter the stateroom door. All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Due to safety and escape way requirements, they cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or any other public area.
As the ship has a limited number of wheelchairs available for guest use ONLY in the event of a medical emergency, if you require the use of a mobility assistive device throughout your vacation, we ask that you travel with your own, or rent one from a third party company that works with the cruise line such as Scootaround. This can be done once you receive your Norwegian reservation number 4-6 weeks prior to sailing.
Phone: (toll-free) 1-888-441-7575
All restaurants and lounges are accessible by wheelchair. Points of access to some of these places are highlighted below:
- Summer Palace Restaurant - take the designated aft elevator from deck 7 to deck 6
- O'Sheehans - take the midship elevators to Deck 8
- Pearl Club Casino - take the forward or midship elevators to Deck 6
- Bar City (Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar, Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar and Shakers Martini & Cocktail Bar) - take the forward or midship elevators to Deck 6
The following public restrooms are wheelchair accessible on Norwegian Joy:
- Deck 6 – Near the Forward Staircase, Forward Port Side
- Deck 6 – Teppanyaki Restaurant, Midship Port Side
- Deck 6 – Near the Aft Elevator, Aft Port Side
- Deck 7 – Joy Theater Entrance, Forward Port Side
- Deck 7 –Near the Aft Staircase, Aft Port Side
- Deck 8 – Near the Entrance of the District Brewhouse, Forward Port Side
- Deck 8 – Near the Aft Staircase, Aft Port Side
- Deck 15 – Observation Lounge Entrance, Forward Starboard Side
- Deck 16 – In the Garden Café, Forward Port Side
- Deck 16 – Garden Café Entrance, Forward Starboard Side
- Deck 16 – Garden Café Entrance, Forward Port Side
- Deck 16 – Near the Joy Outdoor Market, Aft Starboard Side
- Deck 17 – In the Haven Horizon Lounge, Forward Port Side (Exclusive Access for Haven Guests only)
- Deck 17 – Haven Courtyard Entrance, Forward Port Side (Exclusive Access for Haven Guests only)
- Deck 17 – Sun Deck(Behind the LED screen), Midship Port Side
- Deck 17 – Sun Deck(Behind the LED screen), Midship Starboard Side
- Deck 17 – Sun Deck(Right below the Race Track), Aft Port Side
- Deck 17 – Besides Spice H2O, Aft Starboard Side
- Deck 17 – Besides Spice H2O Family Hot Tub, Aft Port Side
- Deck 18 – Near the Forward Staircase, Forward Port Side
- Deck 19 – Inside the Vibe Beach Club, Forward Starboard Side
- Deck 19 – At the Vibe Beach Club Bar, Forward Port Side
- Deck 19 – The Haven Sun Deck, Forward (Exclusive Access for Haven Guests only)
Some shore excursion facilities may not be fully accessible to guests with mobility challenges. Although we endeavor to make sure that companies based in the United States provide accessible shore excursions, we cannot guarantee that all are able to provide facilities that are accessible to persons with disabilities. Moreover, shore excursions in foreign ports can present challenges to disabled guests. For detailed, up-to-date information on accessible shore excursions, we strongly recommend that you contact the Access Desk (866) 584-9756) once you receive your reservation number information via email from Sixthman (4-6 weeks prior to sailing).
Due to various reasons, such as size of vessel or logistic of a port, the vessel may be unable to dock and it is necessary to conduct tender operations. Guests that have limited mobility, use mobility aids such as walkers, wheelchairs and scooters or if the guest is completely confined to the mobility device and cannot maneuver steep gangways or steps, the crew can assist with the following provisions:
- The weight of the mobility device and the guest combined cannot exceed 100 pounds. (With the assistance of 4 crew members)
- If the guest and the mobility device exceed 100 pounds, the guest will not be able to be transported onto the tender boat.